|Real Name||Rupi Kaur|
|Born||04 October 1992|
|Birthplace||Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Brampton, Ontario, Canada|
|Height||5′ 3” or 158cm|
|School||Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton|
|College||University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupation||Author, Poet, Artist, Illustrator, Performer|
|Year Active||2009 – Present|
Rupi Kaur is an Indian-Canadian Author, Poet, Artist, Illustrator, and Performer. She was born on 04 October 1992 and her birthplace is Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India. Her height is about 158cm. She did her schooling at Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, Ontario, and completed her graduation from the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
More about Rupi Kaur
- Kaur was born into a Sikh family in Punjab, India, and later immigrated to Canada with her parents when she was four years old.
- She was inspired by her mother to draw and paint and continued her art into her teens, but at age seventeen, she shifted her focus to writing and performing.
- In 2009, she performed for the first time on the stage in the basement of the Punjabi Community Health Centre, Malton.
- She received widespread popularity, after the publication of her debut book Milk and Honey (2014), which went on to sell over 3 million copies worldwide.
- Her writings include simple drawings to illustrate her words, which makes it easy for the reader.
- In 2017, Kaur released her second book, The Sun and Her Flowers, leading her to be named on the BBC’s 100 Women in 2017.
- Kaur’s third poetry collection, Homebody, was released on Nov. 17, 2020.
- In 2019, The New Republic named Kaur the “Writer of the Decade”.
|Writer||Kahlil Gibran, Alice Walker, |
|2014||Milk and Honey||Andrews McMeel|
|2017||The Sun and Her Flowers||Andrews McMeel|
Simon & Schuster
|2020||Home Body||Andrews McMeel|