|Real Name||Mandip Kaur Gill|
|Born||05 January 1988|
|Birthplace||Leeds, West Yorkshire, England|
|Height||5′ 5” or 165cm|
|School||Cockburn School, Leeds, England|
Brigshaw High School, Castleford, England
|College||Park Lane College, Leeds, England|
University of Central Lancashire, Preston, England
BA (Hons) in Acting
|Year Active||2009 – Present|
Mandip Gill is a British Actress from England. Gill got her first break in 2012 with the soap opera ‘Hollyoaks’ cast as Phoebe McQueen. Later, she did some guest roles in Cuckoo, Doctors, The Good Karma Hospital, and Casualty. In 2017, she was cast as companion Yasmin Khan in the series Doctor Who.
- Mandip Gill was born on 05 January 1988 in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Her parents background is from Punjab, India.
- Firstly, she attended a primary school in the area Cockburn School, later her family moved to Allerton Bywater, where she attended Brigshaw High School.
- After that, she attended Park Lane College where she studied Performing Arts and did her graduation with B.A. (Hons) in Acting from the University of Central Lancashire, Preston, England.
- Gill appeared in several theatre productions and attended a number of auditions for the soap in the past, before landing her first television soap opera Hollyoaks.
- She was unsure if the character of ”Phoebe McQueen” was right for her, but after a number of callbacks, she was given the role.
- Later, Mandip chose to leave the show in 2015, and McQueen’s character was killed off as part of the long-running ”Gloved Hand Killer” storyline.
- After that, Gill had a guest role in the BBC sitcom series ‘Cuckoo’, before appearing in ‘Doctors’ for a five-episode.
- In 2017, Gill appeared in The Good Karma Hospital and an episode of Casualty.
- She also stars in Kay Mellor’s BBC drama ”Love, Lies, and Records” as Talia, a junior registrar.
- In October 2017, the BBC announced that Gill had been cast in the eleventh series of ”Doctor Who”, as a companion to the Thirteenth Doctor, played by Jodie Whittaker, starting in 2018.
|2017||The Good Karma Hospital||Padma Kholi|
|2017||Love, Lies, and Records||Talia|
|2018||Doctor Who||Yasmin Khan|